You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone shows outgoing calls to people in my contacts that i never made, am i being hacked?

My phone shows outgoing calls i never made, qm i being hacked? what should i do if i am?

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 8:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 4:08 PM

Hi jz2410,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're seeing unrecognized outgoing calls. We're happy to look into this with you.

To start, we want to assure you that the iOS has built in security features and it's highly unlikely this is related to any sort of security hack/issue. To have the most recent security features, make sure your device is fully updated. See how here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you using the same Apple ID on any other device? If so, are you making the calls from that device?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2021 4:08 PM in response to jz2410

Hi jz2410,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you're seeing unrecognized outgoing calls. We're happy to look into this with you.

To start, we want to assure you that the iOS has built in security features and it's highly unlikely this is related to any sort of security hack/issue. To have the most recent security features, make sure your device is fully updated. See how here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you using the same Apple ID on any other device? If so, are you making the calls from that device?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

my phone shows outgoing calls to people in my contacts that i never made, am i being hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.