You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locations services will not allow me to change anything it is locked. Find my phone will not work

Location services is locked will not let me change services like find my phone

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 4:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 7:13 AM

$andybeach,

Thanks so much for following up with us. We're happy to hear the issue has been sorted out.

Just in case you run into any issues in the future, this page has some great information about how to manage Screen Time settings and restrictions: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

For more information about privacy and location services, please check out this link: About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 28, 2021 7:13 AM in response to $andybeach

$andybeach,

Thanks so much for following up with us. We're happy to hear the issue has been sorted out.

Just in case you run into any issues in the future, this page has some great information about how to manage Screen Time settings and restrictions: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

For more information about privacy and location services, please check out this link: About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS

Take care!

Jan 24, 2021 3:51 PM in response to $andybeach

Hi $andybeach,

It sounds like you're unable to modify the Location Services settings on your iPhone, and we'd like to look into this with you.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you using these steps to try and change the Location Services settings? Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

What exactly happens when you try to modify those settings? For example, are the settings grayed out so you can't select them, or do you see an error?

Have you always experienced this issue, or did this begin recently? If this started recently, were any changes made to your device around that time? For example, was a configuration profile recently installed? This page explains how to check for configuration profiles: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

Thanks!

Locations services will not allow me to change anything it is locked. Find my phone will not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.