You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System service Find my iPhone uses geolocation all the time.

Why is find my iphone always active? Share location is disabled. ios 14.6

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 11:14 AM

Hello Woodyman911,

When you go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services, it shows a list of system services that use your location. As long are you have Find My enabled in iCloud, you'll see it enabled here. If you turn off Find My iPhone in this menu, you'll be asked to enter your Apple ID password to disable Find My.

As Find My requires location services to function, the only way to turn it off is to disable Find My. For more about Find My, check this out: Find My - Official Apple Support

We hope that helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2021 11:14 AM in response to Woodyman911

Hello Woodyman911,

When you go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services, it shows a list of system services that use your location. As long are you have Find My enabled in iCloud, you'll see it enabled here. If you turn off Find My iPhone in this menu, you'll be asked to enter your Apple ID password to disable Find My.

As Find My requires location services to function, the only way to turn it off is to disable Find My. For more about Find My, check this out: Find My - Official Apple Support

We hope that helps.

Jun 16, 2021 2:30 PM in response to rose_10

Thanks for your reply, rose_10! But I wanted to ask Why is the system service Find my iPhone constantly asking for my geolocation (there is a purple arrow next to it)? This feature and service is very useful and I don't want to disable it. That is, even if I do not make a request to find my phone, this service still uses geolocation all the time by itself?

System service Find my iPhone uses geolocation all the time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.