You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my wifi-only ipad able to access google photos?

My ipad is wifi-only. I turn wifi off. I upsweep all apps closed. I power down. I power up. I open Settings to confirm wifi is still off. I open the google photos app. I see my photos.

Huh?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 8:06 AM

4 replies

Jan 28, 2021 11:04 AM in response to outlierbabe

I did read the entire post but may be misunderstanding it.

My assumption is that if you are able to see the photos when wi-fi is turned off that the photos are stored on your device as well as on the Google servers. That is an option with the Google Photos app. My previous reply included a link to instructions if you want to remove photos from your iPad and have them only on Google's servers.

Jan 28, 2021 11:24 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you, FoxFifth--I get now you meant cache, and thank you for your help. I see now that every one (!) of my pics is downloaded so I am seeing ghosts versus current data. I've also learned that I can take pic A with iphone and pic B with ipad and not see A on ipad's google photos (tho it appears in the iphone's first) and not see B on the iphone's. This is after exiting the google photo app each time and after having wifi turned on for the ipad. So the timing of the syncing is just a mystery for me. Since I intend to take no more pics with ipad, however--was only experimenting--this shd be no issue.

Why is my wifi-only ipad able to access google photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.