You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you want to open this page in Amazon

I am getting really irritated at apps that affect websites on Safari. For example, if I happen to close Safari with the BBC Sport website open, or the Amazon website, or the Google Maps website, then the next time I visit Safari, I get a pop-up that says:

Do you want to open this page in Google Maps / BBC Sport / Amazon?

This dialogue box means that Safari will NOT load ANY website until you have clicked either Yes or No and clicking either, automatically opens the relevant app, whether I like it or not, whether I click No or not.

Does anyone know a way of avoiding this, short of ditching the relevant apps (that I use for convenience, the same way as I use Safari for convenience on other occasions), or NEVER leaving the webpages open when I close Safari?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 2:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 5:57 AM

Hey there AlecLondon,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to turn off Safari Suggestions from occurring. We’ll be happy to help with this.

In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Search. Deselect “Include Safari Suggestions.” Safari then stops using Safari Suggestions. You can read more about this here:

Customize searching in Safari on Mac

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2021 5:57 AM in response to AlecLondon

Hey there AlecLondon,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to turn off Safari Suggestions from occurring. We’ll be happy to help with this.

In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Search. Deselect “Include Safari Suggestions.” Safari then stops using Safari Suggestions. You can read more about this here:

Customize searching in Safari on Mac

Take care.

Do you want to open this page in Amazon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.