You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External drive ejected incorrectly - Mac Mini, Big Sur, Apple Silicon

I have had this point on now since I bought my new Mac mini M1 - 512 SSD, 16 RAM, Mac Mini, Big Sur, Apple Silicon:

"Disk ejected incorrectly"

The issue is the drive has not been actually ejected! But if I am using this drive in Lightroom, for instance, Lightroom "believes" Big Sur (very gullible I must say), and quits!

¿Any hints?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:26 PM

I must appologise for my fellow Community members: I discovered that the external HD is on the verge of collapsing: luckily enough I have a backup copy on another HD. I am getting a new HD tomorrow.

So the case may be considered closed, as the solution boils down to HD malfunction.

Thank you all, 🙂

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 2, 2021 4:26 PM in response to hani7up

I must appologise for my fellow Community members: I discovered that the external HD is on the verge of collapsing: luckily enough I have a backup copy on another HD. I am getting a new HD tomorrow.

So the case may be considered closed, as the solution boils down to HD malfunction.

Thank you all, 🙂

External drive ejected incorrectly - Mac Mini, Big Sur, Apple Silicon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.