You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no access icloud files (iOS >12 & no “files” app

Icloud is installed on 2 iPads and an iPhone and I save my “note” files and photos on it and etc. using apple’s pre installed apps. Problem: I can not directly open any files stored on icloud for editing or manipulation....(all devices have >12 iOS, 46 GB of icloud storage, no “files” app installed)....I have not been successful down load Apple’s Files app from the Apples apps store.........any thoughts?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 12:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 11:18 AM

Hello geologyjohn,

It sounds like you are having some trouble with iCloud and can't find the Files app.

Here are some resources that might help:

Review Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still having issues locating the Files app, use the search feature to locate it, Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also check out these YouTube videos on this topic from Apple Support:

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2021 11:18 AM in response to geologyjohn

Hello geologyjohn,

It sounds like you are having some trouble with iCloud and can't find the Files app.

Here are some resources that might help:

Review Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still having issues locating the Files app, use the search feature to locate it, Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also check out these YouTube videos on this topic from Apple Support:

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Feb 8, 2021 2:01 PM in response to geologyjohn

geologyjohn,

Thank you for this additional information. Is it the case that you do not want to access files such as your Notes from the Notes app, but from iCloud.com on your iPhone and iPads? If so, take a look at Which iCloud.com features are available in the browser on your device. When accessing iCloud.com, different devices have access to different features. Note:

• "When you sign in to iCloud.com on an iPhone or iPod touch with your Apple ID, you can view or manage Photos, Notes, and Reminders, as well as some of your account settings."
  • "iCloud.com works best on Safari for the latest versions of iOS, iPadOS"

If you are still unable to see the limited features available on your devices, you may want to Contact Apple Support.

Have a great week.

Feb 7, 2021 9:24 AM in response to geologyjohn

Unable to access WEB-BASED icloud files on my two ipads and iphone....no problem access the flees on my pc.... (icloud DRIVE is no problem).

Attempting to solve that issue I : 1/ went to iCloud.com 2/provided my id and pswd 3/ the resulting screen shows only my iphone location on a grid .....nothing more. How do I access/manipulate my web-base icloud files such as Notes, contacts, and etc. Now then, in my ios devices, under Icloud settings/my name===icloud correctly shows my 3.9 GB used & 50 GB total storage and categories ie photos, bkup's, Docs. etc. free space and used space correctly....................how do I solve this issue.

Feb 7, 2021 12:53 PM in response to geologyjohn

I am unable to access WEB-BASED icloud files on my two ipads and iphone....no problem accessing the files on my pc.... (icloud DRIVE is no problem).

Attempting to solve that issue I : 1/ went to iCloud.com 2/provided my id and pswd 3/ the resulting screen shows only my iphone location on a grid .....nothing more. How do I access/manipulate my web-base icloud files such as Notes, contacts, and etc. Now then, in my ios devices, under Icloud settings/my name===icloud correctly shows my 3.9 GB used & 50 GB total storage and categories ie photos, bkup's, Docs. etc. free space and used storage space are correctly....................how do I access, via the web , my icloud files and NOT my icloud Drive files.

Can no access icloud files (iOS >12 & no “files” app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.