You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

streaming camera to home

When streaming my Arlo app camera through HomeKit on my Apple TV, the window eventually closes and I lose view of stream. Is this normal? Anything I can do to keep the stream up on my Apple TV for longer? Seems to only work for about 10 mins then closes itself.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 9:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 8:47 AM

Thanks for clarifying mje092187,

Is the behavior occurring when your Apple TV is set to go to sleep? This can be changed in Settings > General > Sleep.

Do you have any other devices you can watch the camera from using the Home app? If so, does it stay on there?

Does the Home app on your Apple TV stay open, or is the app closing unexpectedly?

Have you reached out to the manufacturer to find out whether this is expected behavior for the device?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2021 8:47 AM in response to mje092187

Thanks for clarifying mje092187,

Is the behavior occurring when your Apple TV is set to go to sleep? This can be changed in Settings > General > Sleep.

Do you have any other devices you can watch the camera from using the Home app? If so, does it stay on there?

Does the Home app on your Apple TV stay open, or is the app closing unexpectedly?

Have you reached out to the manufacturer to find out whether this is expected behavior for the device?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Feb 11, 2021 6:11 PM in response to mje092187

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities mje092187,

We understand the video stream you're viewing through an app stops playback after some time.

Does the behavior seem to be isolated to this one app? If so, we recommend reaching out to the app developer who will be the most familiar with the software, and in the best position to provide information on what you can expect and the options available.

For guidance connecting with an App developer, check out the following page: How to contact an app developer

Take care!

streaming camera to home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.