You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Other" storage in iphone 12

Recently I bought a brand new iPhone 12, all of the sudden I realized my iPhone storage is completely full. when I checked what is the problem, I discovered my "Other" storage is 90GB of my 120Gb storage.

I have been struggling with it a while and nothing is working. What should i do?

Thank you.

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 10:46 AM

6 replies

Feb 13, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Adam_Toby

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

If you have iOS or iPadOS 13, your iPhone or iPad storage is full, and the storage is mostly taken up by "Other" storage, update your device to iOS or iPadOS 13.6.1 or later.

Update your device

An issue in iOS or iPadOS 13 might prevent the system from freeing up storage for you. To fix this issue, ➔ update your iPhone or iPad to iOS or iPadOS 13.6.1 or later.

If you don’t have enough available storage to update wirelessly, ➔ update your device to iOS or iPadOS 14.1 or later using a computer.

Axel F.

Feb 13, 2021 10:54 AM in response to Adam_Toby

Adam_Toby wrote:

Recently I bought a brand new iPhone 12, all of the sudden I realized my iPhone storage is completely full. when I checked what is the problem, I discovered my "Other" storage is 90GB of my 120Gb storage.
I have been struggling with it a while and nothing is working. What should i do?
Thank you.

A large Other frequently indicates storage corruption on the phone, sometimes caused by an interrupted sync.

Back up the phone to iTunes, restore the phone to factory settings, then restore the backup you just made. This will remove the corruption.

Some suggestions:

• If you back up to your computer you should make it an encrypted backup (and don’t forget the backup password as there is no way to recover it) - if it isn’t encrypted passwords, health data and wallet contents will not be included in the backup
  • It’s a good idea to back up to iCloud also, for “belt and suspenders” safety
  • Any data that you sync to iCloud (which is completely different than backing up to iCloud) will not be included in the backup; instead, it is restored by syncing the restored phone to iCloud - To see what you are syncing to iCloud go to Settings/[yourname]/iCloud; any switch that is turned on will sync the corresponding content to iCloud.

"Other" storage in iphone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.