You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Color correction

Hi, I'm able to apply color correction in the browser in iMovie with no problem. But the clip in the timeline doesn't change. The paste menu is grayed out and I can't seem to find another way to do this? I'm making multiple adjustments to exposure, color balance, etc.

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 3:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 4:21 PM

Hi,

I'm not clear what steps you are following. You can make the color adjustment in the browser and then add the color adjusted clip to the timeline. When you move the playhead over the clip in the timeline, the color adjustment will show in the preview screen but not in the timeline thumbnail. To get the Paste Adjustments options you need to select the color adjusted clip in the timeline and do an Edit/Copy. Then when you do Edit/Paste the color adjustment option will appear.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2021 4:21 PM in response to Whophoto

Hi,

I'm not clear what steps you are following. You can make the color adjustment in the browser and then add the color adjusted clip to the timeline. When you move the playhead over the clip in the timeline, the color adjustment will show in the preview screen but not in the timeline thumbnail. To get the Paste Adjustments options you need to select the color adjusted clip in the timeline and do an Edit/Copy. Then when you do Edit/Paste the color adjustment option will appear.

-- Rich

iMovie Color correction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.