You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i dont have itunes on my computer and i cant download it and i need it to restart my ipad because i forgot the password

I need intunes to reset my iPad because I forgot the password and there's no iTunes on my computer and I have a MacBook and I tried downloading it and it sent it's to updated to get it

MacBook, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 5:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 6:05 PM

iTunes was replaced by other apps on computers running mcOS Catalina or Big Sur. See: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

You do not use iTunes on a MacBook with those operating systems to deal with a forgotten iPad passcode. You use Finder instead. See the instructions in If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2021 6:05 PM in response to autumnro

iTunes was replaced by other apps on computers running mcOS Catalina or Big Sur. See: What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

You do not use iTunes on a MacBook with those operating systems to deal with a forgotten iPad passcode. You use Finder instead. See the instructions in If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

i dont have itunes on my computer and i cant download it and i need it to restart my ipad because i forgot the password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.