You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Pro M1, Zoom screen sharing permissions issue

Hey, all. Got a new Macbook Pro M1 and it told me I had to download software to run zoom on it. I did, and zoom works, but it won't let me share my screen. I go to permissions and security and zoom is checked and allowed, but it still won't let me share my screen. Any help is appreciated!

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 3:27 PM

2 replies

Feb 22, 2021 8:58 AM in response to Volkswriter

Hello Volkswriter,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are encountering some issues with using Zoom on your new Mac and not being able to screen share. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To begin, we would recommend restarting the Mac if you haven't already and try to use screen sharing in Zoom again. If that doesn't work and the issue persists, we have some other great steps to go over listed in this helpful article:

If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

It covers some good steps to try in regards to updating or reinstalling the app, and even how to contact the app developer if the issue persists.

We want to make sure we cover all bases that we can here, so we'd like to ask some additional questions to get a better understanding of whats happening.

• What happens when you try screen sharing in Zoom? Do you get any error messages? If so, what does the error message say?
  • Are you experiencing any issues with using other apps that use video, such as FaceTime?

Keep us updated on how it goes and the answers to those questions. We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

Feb 22, 2021 5:23 PM in response to barberlives123

Thanks. Yep. Always restart and try again. Didn't help. When you hit share screen and the window pops up where you can select what you want to share (desktop, etc.) each choice was an exclamation mark.

I say "was" as the computer seemed to catch up yesterday and randomly asked me to approve some changes in my preferences for Zoom (which I had done days ago and didn't help.) But I did them again and now it works. Not sure why. But it works!

New Macbook Pro M1, Zoom screen sharing permissions issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.