You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Camera Hacked!!

Hi,

I have received an email stating that my iPhone camera was hacked by the person sending the email after I visited a malicious website and he/she has accessed my iPhone camera to make a video of both me and recorded my screen with personal info.

The email also says that the hacker has access to all my Facebook messenger and email contacts.

I have the latest ios 14.4 running. Is remote camera hack possible on ios/iPhone?

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 9:45 AM

Don't click on it. Don't pay them. They don't have a video.

This is a well known scam (which is how I knew what they had told you)

Hopefully you haven't given them any other information - clicked on any links or replied to the email. If you haven't, then they don't even know you have the email. They will have sent the same email to millions of stolen email addresses many addresses won't even exist any more. If you haven't replied, they don't know your email address is valid.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Raahul0908

Don't click on it. Don't pay them. They don't have a video.

This is a well known scam (which is how I knew what they had told you)

Hopefully you haven't given them any other information - clicked on any links or replied to the email. If you haven't, then they don't even know you have the email. They will have sent the same email to millions of stolen email addresses many addresses won't even exist any more. If you haven't replied, they don't know your email address is valid.

iPhone Camera Hacked!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.