You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regular text messages (not iMessage) cannot sent from my MacBook pro?

I have an older MacBook pro that has no problem with this.

For some reason, my newer 2017 MacBook Pro on BigSur has not been able to send regular text messages. The green bar above the conversation will fill about 90%, then a few minutes later let me know the message failed to send with the red exclamation mark.

I have tried restarting cpu, signing in and out of iMessage / app and have not had success.

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 6:15 PM

Hi there Nbjorge,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with this trouble you're having sending texts from your MacBook Pro. First, let's make sure the text forwarding settings are correct. Follow the steps here to check that:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there if needed.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2021 6:15 PM in response to Nbjorge

Hi there Nbjorge,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with this trouble you're having sending texts from your MacBook Pro. First, let's make sure the text forwarding settings are correct. Follow the steps here to check that:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there if needed.

Have a great day!

Regular text messages (not iMessage) cannot sent from my MacBook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.