You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my four-day-old 202013.3" MacBook Pro receive text messages?

I very recently bought a 2020 13.3" MacBook Pro. It would sporadically receive text messages, but not all of them. Now it doesn't receive text messages at all. I can send!

I have tried rebooting, I have tried signing in and out of Apple ID on all devices, I have tried restarting, etc. etc. etc.

Please tell me how to fix this!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 11:45 AM

Read here:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208386

4 replies

Nov 29, 2021 8:53 AM in response to saundersjd

See if your iMessages are enabled in iCloud. Go to Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage and make sure Enable Messages in iCloud is on. Also, check the "You can be reached for messages at" section and make sure its all enabled.

You can also check your phone settings or other device settings and make sure that Messages are enabled in iCloud (Your Name/Profile > iCloud and make sure the tick by Messages is enabled.)

Why won't my four-day-old 202013.3" MacBook Pro receive text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.