You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch bar just shows white light

Hi!

The touch bar on my Macbook pro (16" 2019) suddenly turned white.

I have reset the SMC, gone into safemode etc. but no change.

I wouldn't even mind if I could just turn it off completely, as I only used it for volume control and one function button in one app, but can't find a way to do that either. The white light is really distracting!

Has this happened to anyone else where they've been able to solve it?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 8:00 PM

Hi there blogzira,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like your Mac Touch Bar is white and not working. It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting steps on your own. Does this same issue happen if you log in to a different user account on your Mac? If you don’t have one you can create one for testing purposes. Learn how here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

If the issue continues, contact Apple directly for help: Get Support.

We hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2021 8:00 PM in response to blogzira

Hi there blogzira,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like your Mac Touch Bar is white and not working. It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting steps on your own. Does this same issue happen if you log in to a different user account on your Mac? If you don’t have one you can create one for testing purposes. Learn how here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac.

If the issue continues, contact Apple directly for help: Get Support.

We hope this helps!

touch bar just shows white light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.