You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I select particular file only?

Transferring data from old iMac 2009 to new iMac 2020,

Can I pick and chose items to transfer of data.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 1:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 1:18 AM

Hi there,

• If you use Time Machine restore, you will be asked what to transfer, such as your home folder, settings, etc.
  • If you use Migration Assistant, the same options will be available. (If you use this method, use an ethernet cable, not WiFi.)
  • If you are manually coping and pasting data over using an external storage device, then of course you can choose what to move.

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2021 1:18 AM in response to What-to-get

Hi there,

• If you use Time Machine restore, you will be asked what to transfer, such as your home folder, settings, etc.
  • If you use Migration Assistant, the same options will be available. (If you use this method, use an ethernet cable, not WiFi.)
  • If you are manually coping and pasting data over using an external storage device, then of course you can choose what to move.

Cheers,

Jack

Can I select particular file only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.