You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging Non-Apple Users

Here recently I have discovered that I cannot send group messages if someone in the group has an android phone. My cellular data is turned on, SMS, MMS are all turned on.

I can message Android users individually but not in a group setting. Please help.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 26, 2021 4:27 AM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2021 5:58 AM in response to jrphllp2

Hello jrphllp2,

We understand that you're unable to send group messages if one of those numbers is an Android user, but you can message them separately. Since this began, have you spoken with your cellular carrier? As non-iMessage must go through a cellular connection, you'll need to make sure that your account with them is provisioned properly and that there are no limitations. The latter may be at play if your group message contains numerous contacts.

About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

Also, is you iPhone fully up to date?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks!

Messaging Non-Apple Users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.