You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone won't load apps

I just purchased the iphone 12 and my apps are stuck in loading. How do I fix this?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 3:58 AM

7 replies

Mar 2, 2021 12:42 PM in response to janiece272

Hey there janiece272,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that apps are stuck loading. We're happy to provide some assistance.

If you restored your iPhone 12 from a backup, make sure that you are connected to a fast and reliable internet connection. The time it will take to restore your content will depend on your internet connection and how much content your device is restoring. The steps outlined in this resource may help:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

Apr 8, 2021 7:45 AM in response to janiece272

This was incredibly aggravating! Here is what worked for me: while on WiFi turn on airplane mode, then turn WiFi (only) back on. (Both in control center) Then hold down both top side keys to turn phone off. Then hold down right hand power key to restart phone. (Troublingly, it took me multiple tries before the Apple icon would do more than blink!) Then unlock. And after a minute Apps began to complete their uploads! This may mean it was trying to use the cell signal instead of the WiFi, for no proper reason.

New phone won't load apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.