You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air m1 mail notifications are not working

I can get some notifications on my MacBook Air M1, such as reminders or updates, but not from the Mail app or Outlook. Is this a known issue? How to fix?

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 8:01 PM

Hello,

I’ve tried enabling/disabling notifications to no avail. I’ve restarted the laptop, updated, etc, and nothing. It’s baffling and I’m not sure what to do to resolve it. I guess I’ll take it to an Apple store.

thank you,

Gary

8 replies

Mar 2, 2021 7:02 PM in response to glucero0

No it is not a known issue. You have two different apps related to email accounts without providing any notifications. I am assuming that you are receiving emails normally and are even seeing a badge count number on the app icons. You may not be getting any sound or banners. If this is the case then-

Open System Preferences ➔ Notifications ➔ Mail (Left Pane) : Here ensure that all the settings are set correctly as shown below.

Open System Preferences ➔ Notifications ➔ Outlook (Left Pane): Here ensure that all the settings are set correctly as shown below:

Axel F.

macbook air m1 mail notifications are not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.