You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different name in email

Why is apple saying “hello Anita” at the top of any email they send me is there any way I can change the name to my actual name and not this persons? I’ve already checked my Apple ID name in account settings and the name settings in the email section, can’t find it.

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 8:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2021 8:31 PM

Yungstonerx719 Said:

"Different name in email: Why is apple saying 'hello Anita' at the top of any email they send me is there any way I can change the name to my actual name and not this persons? I’ve already checked my Apple ID name in account settings and the name settings in the email section, can’t find it."

-------

Where to Go from here:

A. May be a Glitch in the System:

Did your Account once have this name? If so, then it may still need to be updated, in one form or another. So, it may be a glitch in the system - one that needs to be fixed. So, contact Apple Support, requesting that they modify they ename to how it should be.

Apple Contact Us Information:

and...

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Looking a bit suspicious, consider moving forward with modifying your Apple Account's credentials.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2021 8:31 PM in response to Yungstonerx719

Yungstonerx719 Said:

"Different name in email: Why is apple saying 'hello Anita' at the top of any email they send me is there any way I can change the name to my actual name and not this persons? I’ve already checked my Apple ID name in account settings and the name settings in the email section, can’t find it."

-------

Where to Go from here:

A. May be a Glitch in the System:

Did your Account once have this name? If so, then it may still need to be updated, in one form or another. So, it may be a glitch in the system - one that needs to be fixed. So, contact Apple Support, requesting that they modify they ename to how it should be.

Apple Contact Us Information:

and...

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Looking a bit suspicious, consider moving forward with modifying your Apple Account's credentials.

Different name in email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.