You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard shortcut to switch Desktops not working on M1 Macbook Air

I've assigned my own keyboard shortcuts to switch between Desktop 2 and Desktop 3 under

System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Mission Control > Switch to Desktop 2 & 3 to F9 and F10 keys

But for some reason they dont work consistently. Sometimes F9 works but F10 does not. Sometimes both dont work. Before my latest reboot i had both working. Is there something im missing or doing wrong? How can i set it up so i can use one of the F* keys to switch between 2 desktops properly?

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 7:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 10:00 AM

Looks like i had to disconnect my second monitor where Desktop 2 & 3 was and had to close and recreate them to get the shortcuts working again. So this has been resolved.

Similar questions

1 reply

Keyboard shortcut to switch Desktops not working on M1 Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.