You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Upgrade 11.2.2 has caused my entire cloud storage to download onto my machine!

Recently bought the new M1 AIrbook to replace my 2011 MacBook Pro - everything has been fantastic until this latest update 11.2.2, which has caused all of my iCloud files and folders to download to my new hard drive - maxing it out and rather defeating the purpose of having a fresh new, spacious Mac to edit on.

Any fixes? Idea why's it's done it? I've tried deleting a few things from my hard drive, just to see what happens and they disappear from iCloud too! This was all working fine until the upgrade! Help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 11:45 AM

You can remove the downloads on iCloud Drive by selecting the folder on iCloud Drive, then ctrl-click it and use the command "Remove Download", for example:

But do not delete files you want to keep in iCloud.

Similar questions

1 reply

Big Sur Upgrade 11.2.2 has caused my entire cloud storage to download onto my machine!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.