You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage still full after deleting photos and videos

I used to have around 26,000 photos and videos on my device and I've deleted about 25,000 of them. The iCloud storage still reads that my photos is taking up 138.7gb even though there are only around 1000 photos and videos? It's said 138.7gb even before I deleted all the photos and videos. I've been struggling with this problem for the past 2 days and I don't know why it is still taking up so much storage regarding the fact I have just deleted 25,000 photos and videos. My recently deleted is also cleared up so I have no idea what the problem is. How can I get my iCloud to read and update the new amount of photos I have?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 6, 2021 10:42 PM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2021 6:08 AM in response to sonyvx

Hi sonyvx,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you have some questions about your iCloud storage. We're happy to help.

We recommend starting with a restart of your device. A restart is a simple step that can resolve a variety of issues. You can see how here: Restart your iPhone

Also, iCloud updates when your device is connected to Wi-Fi, and no on Low Power Mode. If needed, you can turn Low Power Mode off in Settings > Battery.

Also, if you sign into iCloud on a computer, are you still seeing your photos there? Sign in here: iCloud

Thanks.

iCloud storage still full after deleting photos and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.