You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection Adapters for SSD Drives

Have just purchased the Samsung T5 SSD drive. Also a Belkin USB-C Lightning Adapter. My Ipad Pro 2nd Generation doesn't see the video files. Nor does my iPad 7 Generation.

Apple Sales don't seem to be able to help, nor does their Chat line! I read that they both need power USB leads. Please can anyone give correct advice?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 7:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2021 8:12 AM

You purchased the wrong adapter!

You need this adapter, instead.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

Also, the drive needs to be formatted with a single partition either in Apple's own APFS+, HFS+ formats or FAT 32, Ex fat formats.

Best of Luck to You!

8 replies

Mar 9, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Harri Flex

That is definitely the right/correct adapter.

That adapter works as long as that adapter is connected to the iPad's 12W-20W Apple power/charging adapter to power both the drive and the iPad.

I have this adapter and the same Samsung T5 blue 512 GBs SSD drive and this setup works just fine.

For extra portability, instead of using the Apple power/charging adapter block to mains power, you can, also use one the many portable Lightning and/or USB-C portable power banks for drive/iPad power on the go.

Best of Luck to You!

Connection Adapters for SSD Drives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.