You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect region

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011) running OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

I noticed that public holidays for my region (Ireland) were not showing in Calendar, but those for the UK were. I checked Language & region in System Preferences and the region was set to UK. I changed this to Ireland, but each time I exited out of System Preferences it would revert back to UK.

I tried Logging Out, starting in Safe Mode and PRAM. I do not have Irish public holidays in iCloud either, even though the region setting here is correctly set to Ireland. My iPhone 8 does not have Irish Holidays either, but my wife's iPhone 10 does. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 5:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 8:43 AM

Hello, I have an update on this question. I resolved the incorrect region issue by deleting the AppleLocale key in Library:

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/.GlobalPreferences.*.plist

My region is now correctly set to Ireland.

However, Irish holidays (e.g. St Patrick's Day) are still not showing in the calendar on my MBP, in iCloud or on my iPhone. Can anyone help?

As noted above Irish Hoidays are showing on my wfe's iPhone calendar.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2021 8:43 AM in response to patnevinwasgood

Hello, I have an update on this question. I resolved the incorrect region issue by deleting the AppleLocale key in Library:

~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/.GlobalPreferences.*.plist

My region is now correctly set to Ireland.

However, Irish holidays (e.g. St Patrick's Day) are still not showing in the calendar on my MBP, in iCloud or on my iPhone. Can anyone help?

As noted above Irish Hoidays are showing on my wfe's iPhone calendar.

Incorrect region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.