You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Names to Faces in Photos on the Mac

After putting names to faces manually for years, apple photos has suddenly stopped letting me do this. I can get the circle to appear in the middle of the photo but when I want to move it to cover the unnamed face the circle changes into a miniature of the photo and will not settle over the face. The circle then reappears settled firmly in the centre of the photo. Is this a recent bug? I am running Mojave on an iMac 2017

iMac 27″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 12:48 PM

If you cannot move the faces circle, restart Photos. If that still not suffices, restart the Mac. After a restart I can usually continue to add faces manually.

When I am naming people in a group, I usually enter the name, while the faces circle is is the middle of the photo, and only then drag it to the right place around the face I want to name. Otherwise the name fields will occlude the faces I want to name.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2021 12:48 PM in response to grahamb11

If you cannot move the faces circle, restart Photos. If that still not suffices, restart the Mac. After a restart I can usually continue to add faces manually.

When I am naming people in a group, I usually enter the name, while the faces circle is is the middle of the photo, and only then drag it to the right place around the face I want to name. Otherwise the name fields will occlude the faces I want to name.

Names to Faces in Photos on the Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.