You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't remember my old passcode

In my settings it says Update Apple ID Settings - Some account services will not be available until you sign in again. I go through and enter my Apple ID password and my current iphone password then it asks for my old password. I had to reset my phone because I forgot my password. So I press Forgot Iphone passcode. Then it says that I can press Reset Encrypted Data or Cancel. I don't want to Reset encrypted data but I also want this pop up to be gone. Whenever I press Cancel it all ways pops up again a few weeks/months later. How do I approve my device from one of my other devices signed into icloud?

Help!

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2021 4:15 PM

Hello,

Hmm, it seems like that you may have old apps that are trying to update. Were any of the apps downloaded with an old Apple ID? If so, the solution is to delete the app and download a new copy using your current Apple ID.

See this for possible other causes:

If you can’t download or update apps, or if apps get stuck

Good luck.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2021 4:15 PM in response to Anonymous-459

Hello,

Hmm, it seems like that you may have old apps that are trying to update. Were any of the apps downloaded with an old Apple ID? If so, the solution is to delete the app and download a new copy using your current Apple ID.

See this for possible other causes:

If you can’t download or update apps, or if apps get stuck

Good luck.

I can't remember my old passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.