You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i upgrade my iMac from 10.13.6 to 10.14 as apps are not updating and my iMac is becoming an expensive white elephant

How can i upgrade my iMac from 10.13.6 to 10.14 as apps are not updating and my iMac is becoming an expensive redundant white elephant.

I have been an Apple customer for more than 17 years, my iMac an expensive purchase in 2010, but due to software not updating it is becoming redundant. I spend a significant amount of money for Apple devices, watch, iPads, iPhones and iTunes and feel i am being let down. There must be a solution.. HELP

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 19, 2021 9:46 AM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2021 9:57 AM in response to AnnoyedAppleCustomer1234

+1, also please remember your 2010 is 12 years old now which is considered ancient from a technology perspective. While that may be frustrating to you, it is how technology moves. If you cannot afford a new iMac there are many alternatives available to you if you have a need to upgrade to a later version of Mac OS. Those alternatives are:

• Buy an Apple Refurbished iMac from Apple's online store. Thse machines are identical to new, are late models, have a new 1 year warrant, are eligible for AppleCare and can save hundreds of $$. If they don't have a model you want, please check very often as inventory changes VERY fast.
  • Consider a new Mac Mini, they start at less than $700 and are worlds faster than your 2010. All you will need is an external display, add another $100-150 and you are in business. So for well under $1000 you have a nice solution.
  • Buy a used Mac from a respected reseller such as macsales.com or macofalltrades.com . While not new, they come with limited warranties and can be custom configured. NEVER EVER buy used from E-Bay, Amazon, etc..

Mar 19, 2021 9:59 AM in response to KiltedTim

Thank you for the reply..

It is not the answer that i am seeking but you are right.. however this is so annoying, spending over GBP£500 for a new iWatch, over GBP£1000 for a new iPhone, there is zero loyalty from Apple to help customers that have been buying their products for years and years. To issue a patch or upgrade would do little to damage their USD$2 trillion dollar value and it would keep customers happy.

This only shows their monetary value means more to them than customers!.

Very very disappointed.

How can i upgrade my iMac from 10.13.6 to 10.14 as apps are not updating and my iMac is becoming an expensive white elephant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.