You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bypassing “ask to buy” setting

So I’m my iPhone whenever I try to download an app it’s set to ask my parents. But some apps my parents won’t let me have, is there a way to bypass it? Oh, and pls don’t tell me “only your parents can change that” I need actual info, oh and pls reply as soon as you can

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 10:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 10:53 AM

If you are a minor and in Family Sharing, there is NO WAY AROUND IT. Get over it. Your parents are charged or billed for each purchase even if its free content. Because you are a minor and under their control. The only way is to leave the family, which, if you aren't over the age of 13 you can't.

6 replies

Mar 28, 2021 1:19 PM in response to Community User

Any download through the App Store or iTunes Store no matter if it has a cost associated to it is considered a transaction of sorts. But it doesn't matter, if your parents don't want to let you have it, they have a good reason. If you can't discuss it with them in a logical way as to why you should have it... and you go behind their back in an attempt to obtain something they dont want you too... is that really the most mature way of going about things? That already proves to me, for whatever reason they are holding it against you, I'd agree.

Bypassing “ask to buy” setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.