You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to upgrade OS X Sierra 10.12.6 to 10.13? I have a 15 inch MacBook Pro 2011 year. Thanks.

I cannot install turbotax 2019 on my MacBook Pro without upgrading. Is there anyway to upgrade my 2011/2012 computer or do I need to by newer hardware? The current version is OS X Sierra 10.12.6 and turbotax is requiring 10.13. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 4:17 PM

If the App Store says ‘Open’ then it is detecting a previous download of the install app

go to the Applications folder locate Install macOS High Sierra.app.

Move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Restart, click on the link again, the App Store should say ‘Get' or 'Download'.

Once you have download the Install macOS High Sierra.app (5.23GBs) this will install

version 10.13.6 which is all you need for a fully functioning installation of High Sierra.

Apple does not keep older versions of its full installers available,

therefore there is no 10.13.0 installer available to download.

Are you sure the version of Turbo Tax that you are wanting to use is able to do your 2020/21 taxes.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2021 4:17 PM in response to aubreymacpro

If the App Store says ‘Open’ then it is detecting a previous download of the install app

go to the Applications folder locate Install macOS High Sierra.app.

Move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Restart, click on the link again, the App Store should say ‘Get' or 'Download'.

Once you have download the Install macOS High Sierra.app (5.23GBs) this will install

version 10.13.6 which is all you need for a fully functioning installation of High Sierra.

Apple does not keep older versions of its full installers available,

therefore there is no 10.13.0 installer available to download.

Are you sure the version of Turbo Tax that you are wanting to use is able to do your 2020/21 taxes.

Mar 29, 2021 5:55 PM in response to Eau Rouge

Eau Rouge,

Thank you.

Your steps worked like a champ.

Yes once I purchase TurboTax 2020, I will need to buy new hardware .

This saved me from doing this now before I complete my 2019 taxes for last year.

Have a good one!

Aubrey

FYI - Turbo Tax Dialog

You can continue to use TurboTax on your Mac for this year. However, you'll need to update the operating system that's currently on your Mac for TurboTax 2020.

Please get macOS Mojave (version 10.14) or above when you can.

Mar 28, 2021 4:01 PM in response to dialabrain

Thanks. This does not work since I need to first install High Sierra: the button says open and the a dialog displays saying can't upgrade to 10.13.6. The problem is I can't locate the full installer for High Sierra 10.13.0 on Apple's Support site. Also the turbotax box I purchase also states macOS Sierra 10.13 or later (probably meant High Sierra).

How to upgrade OS X Sierra 10.12.6 to 10.13? I have a 15 inch MacBook Pro 2011 year. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.