You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've got iMac early 2008. how can i update OSx to run new apps

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 7:23 PM

2 replies

Mar 28, 2021 7:38 PM in response to manashwi

manashwi Said:

"I've got iMac early 2008. how can i update OSx to run new apps"

-------

Run this Through a Virtual Machine:

You can using a Virtual Machine(VM) for this. Basically, it is (Windows-in-a-window). You would open items in it, and run the application right off of that. You would use the VM in its own window, while your Mac is running in the background.  WordPad and all would be accessed and would operate as desired on the VM. Virtual Machine applications include VMWare Fusion and ParallelsLearn more here: What Is a Virtual Machine? - VMWare Support.

Important Note:

For compatibility purposes, an older version of Virtual Machine software would be needed. Note that you would need older versions, and to come across those, you may need to be careful. So, contact the developer, seeing what you options are. Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop are two prime examples of software that are made for both Windows and Mac. So, contact the developer of your software, to see what your options are, or use their forums.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.