You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift card for in app purchases

So I got an iTunes gift card and it has been working well for buying apps. However, when I started to buy in app purchases, everything started to go downhill. It would start to ask for verification of a payment method which seemed normal but it didn’t allow me to select the gift card as shown in the picture below. I am on a family account which links me to the family shared card but I should be able to select the gift card. I’m sure there is an easy fix but I couldn’t find one.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 8:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 7:12 PM

I don’t understand the response to this question. There is a balance on the Apple account but it is not able to be selected and used for in-app purchases. Is there an age restriction on in-app purchases that limits ability of <13 year old users?

Similar questions

2 replies

Gift card for in app purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.