You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spontaneous change of modification date of photos libraries

On my MacBook I have several Photo libraries. Each day their modification date/time is changed even if I didn't use Photos or any other photo app. I am intrigued why those dates are changed. What is happening? Does anyone know?

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 4:38 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 7, 2021 9:24 AM in response to roelofboek

roelofboek wrote:

Thank you for your quick respons. It is a sensible explanation. Surprising that those processes also run on other libraries than the system library, especially because they are located in different directories.

That is normal. When I create a new Photos Library for a special project and import several hundred photos, then switch again to my System photos Library, the new project library will have been scanned after two days or so, all faces detected, the objects recognised, the layout of the Days view completed. The background processes are working with all Photos Libraries they can access.

Spontaneous change of modification date of photos libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.