You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a message that my computer is not authorized to play a song that I purchased. I authorized and received a message that my computer is authorized but when I try to play the song, I get the same message that my computer is not authorized.

I get a message that my computer is not authorized to play a song that I purchased. I authorized and received a message that my computer is authorized but when I try to play the song, I get the same message that my computer is not authorized.

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 8:17 AM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2021 8:17 AM in response to TASHermit

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes for Windows prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

May 2, 2021 4:34 AM in response to TerminatorGenisis

Most people only have content from one account which keeps things simple. You can select a problem track, press ctrl+i to get song info, and look at the File tab to which account was used to purchase it. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for background and details on the complications that can arise if you want to access past purchases from more than one account.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.