You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing 2 monitors between 2 computers

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro with 2 4K monitors connected to it. I'm about to purchase a Mac Mini M1 and want to use those 2 4K monitors with it too. So my question is how can I share connect the two monitors to both computers at the same time? Having in mind that the Macbook Pro is a 2018 15" with 4 Thunderbolt-2 / USB-C ports nd the Mac mini has 2 Thunderbolt-4 ports and a HDMI port.

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2021 1:11 AM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Thank you for answering.

What you say about the usable ports I already have thought about it. The problem is that this way I have to switch from one computer to another using the displays input options via menu. Isn't there a switch you can connect all cables ti and simple press one button for computer 1 and another to computer 2 without the menu hassle?

Sharing 2 monitors between 2 computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.