You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote

I've lost my Apple TV 1st Generation Remote. Can I use my iPhone to Remotely Control It?

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 8:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 8:10 AM

The software remote in Control Center on iPhone (or iPad, or iPod Touch) is compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not earlier models. You may buy a physical replacement remote from Apple or other resellers. Apple Remote (aluminum) - Apple Store Online. A replacement remote will need to be linked to the box. The Apple Remote (aluminum) is compatible with any model Apple TV.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2021 8:10 AM in response to The_Train_Enthusiast

The software remote in Control Center on iPhone (or iPad, or iPod Touch) is compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or later), not earlier models. You may buy a physical replacement remote from Apple or other resellers. Apple Remote (aluminum) - Apple Store Online. A replacement remote will need to be linked to the box. The Apple Remote (aluminum) is compatible with any model Apple TV.

Apple TV Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.