You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Apple TV remote. Can I set up on my iPhone?

I lost my Apple TV (gen 2) remote. Can I set up on my iPhone?

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 2:23 PM

Apple TV (gen 2)

Do you mean

- Apple TV (2nd generation) (A1378) (2010)

or

- Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) (A2169) (2021)?

The software remote in Control Center is compatible with the latter, but not with the former.

For the former you may want to get a replacement old style Apple Remote (aluminum) instead. This older model is no longer available from Apple directly, but select third party resellers (Amazon, eBay, etc.) may still have a few.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2022 2:23 PM in response to AppleTVlostremote

Apple TV (gen 2)

Do you mean

- Apple TV (2nd generation) (A1378) (2010)

or

- Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) (A2169) (2021)?

The software remote in Control Center is compatible with the latter, but not with the former.

For the former you may want to get a replacement old style Apple Remote (aluminum) instead. This older model is no longer available from Apple directly, but select third party resellers (Amazon, eBay, etc.) may still have a few.

Dec 25, 2022 10:56 AM in response to AppleTVlostremote

Yes! It’s super easy. Go to the control center on your iPhone and you will see a picture of the remote there. It’s been a while since I’ve done it but if I Remember right, your phone usually walks you through the steps once you find it. If not, here is a link to the instructions Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

hope that helps!

Lost Apple TV remote. Can I set up on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.