You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud emails on Thunderbird

I have set up my primary iCloud email on Mozilla Thunderbird and that works well. However, I want to do same for my secondary iCloud emails. The same process used for the primary email does not work, why?

The primary is set up as:

but when I try same for an iCloud secondary email I get as far as the configuration then this:

but clicking on Done gets to:

Can I use the same App specific password for each secondary account or do I have to have a different password? Any help appreciated.

OSX 10.12.6, Thunderbird version 78.9.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 12:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 9:36 AM

I have set up my primary iCloud email on Mozilla Thunderbird and that works well. However, I want to do same for my secondary iCloud emails. The same process used for the primary email does not work, why?

If by secondary, you mean iCloud alias, those addresses are only accessible using an Apple mail client.

They are not "real" addresses.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2021 9:36 AM in response to davidja2

If by secondary, you mean iCloud alias, those addresses are only accessible using an Apple mail client.

They are not "real" addresses.

iCloud emails on Thunderbird

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.