You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings no longer showing my photos albums for screen saver or desktop

Using OS 11.3. Suddenly, my system has stopped showing my previously selected Photos album. When I try to reselect for my desktop, I see my previously selected (and working ) desktop pic but no other options to change to a different pic.

With regard to my screen saver, my previous choice of a photo album is no longer working and I'm getting no pictures. When I try to select a new source, I can only choose system defaults or "Choose folder." If I select "Choose folder," my Photos Library is grayed out and cannot be selected.

Any ideas?

TIA!

Posted on Apr 28, 2021 1:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2021 1:26 PM

Hello Gary Berkson,

It looks like you are unable to select your Photo Library in System Preferences for Desktop & Screen Saver.

Here are some resources that might help.

• Create a test user to see if it is something only related to your user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. While you won't be able to see your photos in a test user, check to see if the option is missing here too.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2021 1:26 PM in response to Gary Berkson

Hello Gary Berkson,

It looks like you are unable to select your Photo Library in System Preferences for Desktop & Screen Saver.

Here are some resources that might help.

• Create a test user to see if it is something only related to your user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. While you won't be able to see your photos in a test user, check to see if the option is missing here too.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Settings no longer showing my photos albums for screen saver or desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.