You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have purchased music from iTunes on PC. I have music on my iPhone, but the purchased music is greyed out . . . Very frustrating.

I have purchased music from iTunes on PC. I have Apple music on my iPhone, but the purchased music is greyed out . . . I checked iTunes General>Music to turn on sync library but that does not exist on that page. Tried to go into iPhone to settings>music to turn on sync and that does not exist . . . All songs, purchased and otherwise, play fine in iTunes on the PC. Authorized the computer a bunch of times and of course it says this computer is all ready authorized. One iPhone and "possibly" put my work laptop in the mix but I doubt I got far since I came back to my PC . . . surely did not hit 5 devices or whatever . . . Very frustrating. Right now I can't even tell you what I have for an iPhone . . . .

Posted on May 9, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 11:05 PM

Solved

on iPhone, went to:

Settings>General>iPhone Storage>Music

scrolled down to "All Songs"

swiped left on "All Songs" and hit delete;

I know I did this once but it worked this time to re-download all that I wanted . . .

Similar questions

2 replies

May 9, 2021 6:29 PM in response to SmilingBear

about 1400 songs purchased and 4300 from my cd collection are in iTunes for Windows; The 622 songs on a playlist is 4.92GB and still shows 8.88BG free in the iPhone in windows explorer (iTunes on "my device" actually shows 16.42GB free). Yes, I have more than enough to overwhelm my 30GB iPhone but that is why I wiped the music from the iPhone to start over and drag and dropped the playlist with 622 songs into the iPhone using iTunes.

I believe problems started when I updated iPhone. Not sure how to tell now . . . I'm talking in circles but that is how I feel at the moment.

I have purchased music from iTunes on PC. I have music on my iPhone, but the purchased music is greyed out . . . Very frustrating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.