You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could you please tell me an easier way to clean my mack book pro model 13

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 10, 2021 9:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2021 10:37 AM

Thank you! In addition to the cleaning info in the link, most of what is on my keyboard is dust. I use non-static pastry brushes (wooden handles; natural, not synthetic, bristles) to clean between the keys of all our Macs, especialy the boards with flat keys like on notebooks and the newer "Magic" keyboards.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2021 10:37 AM in response to aaniya230

Thank you! In addition to the cleaning info in the link, most of what is on my keyboard is dust. I use non-static pastry brushes (wooden handles; natural, not synthetic, bristles) to clean between the keys of all our Macs, especialy the boards with flat keys like on notebooks and the newer "Magic" keyboards.

May 10, 2021 9:15 AM in response to aaniya230

Help us help you: Clean what? the screen? The outside of the case? The hard drive contents?

We are not good at guessing.

Apple's cleaning recommendations are here:

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

The hard drive auto-cleans and has for 20 years, including defragging. Nothing to do there. Never install any software that claims to clean, tune up, optimize, or anything like that. They WILL inferfere with the elegant, built-in self-maintenance routines you paid Apple to include and WILL cause slowdowns and instability.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.