You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tapping the download button but nothing happens

I installed an app recently and it was working fine until it started kicking me from the app. I deleted the app and then tried to re-download it but now nothing is happening. I keep tapping download and install but nothing happens. It just does the loading thing and goes straight back to “purchase”. Any idea how to fix this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 12, 2021 6:25 PM

1 reply

May 13, 2021 12:31 PM in response to ezra295

Hello, ezra295! Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand your situation and how you have been unable to install this app to your iPhone. We’re happy to help you research a solution for this. 

There are several troubleshooting steps that we’d suggest starting with if you’re noticing an issue when downloading from the App Store. Please review the steps in the following Apple Support article first: 

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you continue to notice the same issue after using these troubleshooting steps, we can help you more. To continue, we’d like to be sure that you have a current backup of your device. Once you have a backup of your iPhone, we’d suggest installing any available iOS updates. The following article can help you with these steps: 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We hope that this information allows you to install this app again. Please let us know if you continue to notice any issues.  

Cheers! 

Tapping the download button but nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.