You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud- download and keep orignals

Hi, i upgraded from a ipad pro 9.7-32 gb to a pro 11-256 gb. I have a 50 gb iCloud plan, earlier i used optimize storage to save iPad space. Now since i have the extra space and want to store on both my icloud and iPad simultaneously is it possible? If, i select download and keep originals will that show me 2 copies in my photos app since it will be on both my icloud as well as ipad memory. I am just worried that doing so will remove the photos from my icloud? Any one can clarify, please. Will appreciate.

REGARDS

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 16, 2021 1:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 1:54 PM

The photos will remain in full resolution in iCloud and on your device. See the section about if you need more device storage on your device.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you turn on Download Originals, iCloud Photos keeps your original, full-resolution photos and videos in iCloud and on your device.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2021 1:54 PM in response to khajotia

The photos will remain in full resolution in iCloud and on your device. See the section about if you need more device storage on your device.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you turn on Download Originals, iCloud Photos keeps your original, full-resolution photos and videos in iCloud and on your device.

Icloud- download and keep orignals

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.