You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost file on mail program

Hi, I've just renamed one of my folders in the mail program and all of a sudden the folder is gone and with its all the mails. How can I restore the folder with its mails?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 30, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2021 11:53 AM

When you renamed the folder, it may have lined up in alphabetical order. Have you checked for the folder with the new name? The other option is Time Machine backup if you use it. You can restore from Time Machine. If you do not use Time Machine for backups then you can check on the email provider's website and see whether any remnants of that folder exist there. Also check the Deleted Items folder of the email account.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2021 11:53 AM in response to Nadedo

When you renamed the folder, it may have lined up in alphabetical order. Have you checked for the folder with the new name? The other option is Time Machine backup if you use it. You can restore from Time Machine. If you do not use Time Machine for backups then you can check on the email provider's website and see whether any remnants of that folder exist there. Also check the Deleted Items folder of the email account.

Axel F.

Lost file on mail program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.