You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting a bookmark

my son used my phone to play on and when I got it back there was a bookmark on my home screen and I am unable to remove it. I am on iPhone 11 Pro Max and iOS 14.6. I have tried pressing on it to edit Home Screen but there is no delete option or a minus sign to delete it. I have the options to delete apps enabled but for some reason I am unable to get rid of it. It opens a webpage that is like an app and I don’t know what to do. I can’t erase my phone and restore to a previous backup as it has updated to include the bookmark. Any ideas I can try?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 30, 2021 7:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2021 1:51 PM

Hi danielfromparsons,

We see you're having some issues deleting a bookmark that was added to the Home Screen, and we'd like to assist with that.

Does the device have Screen Time enabled? Check for that in Settings > Screen Time. If so, try turning that off for the moment, and attempt to delete the bookmark again: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also check for any profiles or Mobile Device Management (MDM) installed on the device, as those can affect functionality. That would be in Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2021 1:51 PM in response to danielfromparsons

Hi danielfromparsons,

We see you're having some issues deleting a bookmark that was added to the Home Screen, and we'd like to assist with that.

Does the device have Screen Time enabled? Check for that in Settings > Screen Time. If so, try turning that off for the moment, and attempt to delete the bookmark again: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also check for any profiles or Mobile Device Management (MDM) installed on the device, as those can affect functionality. That would be in Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management.

Take care.

May 31, 2021 2:01 PM in response to danielfromparsons

danielfromparsons Said:

"Deleting a bookmark: my son used my phone to play on and when I got it back there was a bookmark on my home screen and I am unable to remove it. [...] It opens a webpage that is like an app and I don’t know what to do. I can’t erase my phone and restore to a previous backup as it has updated to include the bookmark. Any ideas I can try?"

-------

Enable Safari in iCloud:

Try enabling Safari in iCloud settings on your iPhone, and doing the same on your Mac. What you would do is remove the bookmark in Safari through your Mac. With everything having been synced, it would expectedly be gone.

Deleting a bookmark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.