You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aol email

A few days ago my phone stopped working with my AOL email account. The error said that no password was provided. I have gone into settings and checked the password & have deleted the password and re-entered it. Today, I changed my AOL password and entered new one in account settings. When I enter the new password I get a message that no password has been provided. For some reason, it is not recognizing that a password is entered. Thoughts? I do not want to delete the account completely because it says I will lose the notes associated. My husband is having the same problem and it started at the same time on his phone. I am not having a problem on my mini

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 10:28 AM

Family4- Said:

"Aol email: A few days ago my phone stopped working with my AOL email account. The error said that no password was provided. I have gone into settings and checked the password & have deleted the password and re-entered it. Today, I changed my AOL password and entered new one in account settings.[...]I do not want to delete the account completely because it says I will lose the notes associated.[...]"

-------

Use of an App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try an App PasswordSee how AOL Uses it: As an example, here is how AOL uses an app password. You may need to use an app password. Go Here: Create and Manage Third-Party App Passwords - AOL Help

So, maybe you need to use a new app password.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 1, 2021 10:28 AM in response to Family4-

Family4- Said:

"Aol email: A few days ago my phone stopped working with my AOL email account. The error said that no password was provided. I have gone into settings and checked the password & have deleted the password and re-entered it. Today, I changed my AOL password and entered new one in account settings.[...]I do not want to delete the account completely because it says I will lose the notes associated.[...]"

-------

Use of an App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try an App PasswordSee how AOL Uses it: As an example, here is how AOL uses an app password. You may need to use an app password. Go Here: Create and Manage Third-Party App Passwords - AOL Help

So, maybe you need to use a new app password.

Jun 1, 2021 8:17 AM in response to Family4-

Hi Family4-,

We understand that you're experiencing some problems connecting to the email account on your iPhone, and we're here to help out. It sounds like you've done some great troubleshooting already in following If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Since the problem is happening on multiple devices, this points more toward an issue with either the email account or the configuration. For the best support, we encourage you to work directly with AOL, as they'll be in the best position to confirm everything is set up correctly.

If you have any other questions or concerns that we can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best.

Aol email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.