You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to get files from my PC to the iPad, the info on file sharing uses screen shots of how iTunes works on Macs, but not on PCs. I don't have "File Sharing" in my left-hand menu, dragging and dropping gives me an error message. Help!

I need to get files form my PC to my iPad. All of the screen shots about file sharing use shots from Macs, and on my PC, iTunes left hand menu doesn't have file sharing, at least not where the Help menu shows it to be. Dragging and dropping gets me an error message. I have the app Forscore on my iPad, which can import PDFs, but I can't get PDF files to copy or import. Help!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 11:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 12:08 PM

It should work the same way in iTunes for Windows as is shown there. Don't forget to select the device first.

See also iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support and Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Where possible using the cloud to get data to and from your computer and device may be the best approach.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 1, 2021 12:08 PM in response to MB-BCF

It should work the same way in iTunes for Windows as is shown there. Don't forget to select the device first.

See also iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support and Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Where possible using the cloud to get data to and from your computer and device may be the best approach.

tt2

I'm trying to get files from my PC to the iPad, the info on file sharing uses screen shots of how iTunes works on Macs, but not on PCs. I don't have "File Sharing" in my left-hand menu, dragging and dropping gives me an error message. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.