You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't turn off Find My Mac?

I have a notification on my iCloud that says some service require me to sign in again. There's a "Continue" button that doesn't really do anything. I want to log out of iCloud and then log back in and see if that fixes it.

However, whenever I try to log out of iCloud, it won't let me because Find My Mac is still on. When I try to turn it off, I get the message: "Find My Mac couldn’t be disabled. Please try again later."

This is not helpful. Why can't it be disabled?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 10:55 AM

Hi,

Honestly, I’ve never got this issue, and didn’t find anything interesting on internet.

I advise you to contact Apple Support by phone, they’ll certainly be able to help you.

4 replies

Jun 4, 2021 10:59 AM in response to Remi_202DC

Thanks! I did try them yesterday. I was able to sign out and in when I booted up in Safe Mode. I'm guessing it might be a configuration with my work computer that gets in the way? Find My Mac was reporting problems again when I rebooted as normal, so I'll probably just go back to safe mode to deactivate it and leave it as is if it doesn't cause other problems.

I can't turn off Find My Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.