You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two full-screen windows of the same app; any way to switch between those two windows (similar to the way command-` works in non-full-screen apps) using only the keyboard?

If I have two full-screen windows of the same app, is there any way to switch between those two windows (similar to the way ⌘-` works in non-full-screen apps) using only the keyboard?

I know you can switch between spaces using control with the left & right arrow keys, but what I'm after is a way to toggle between windows of the same application, not between spaces. Essentially, looking for the ⌘-` behavior with full-screen windows as well.

Things that don't work:

• Four-finger swiping with mission control (toggles spaces, not windows of the same app)
  • System Preferences -> Mission Control -> When switching to an application, switch to space (doesn't allow toggling between two full-screen windows of the same app)
  • Anything that toggles between spaces rather than full-screen windows of the same app

Third-party solutions would be ok too.

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 4, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2021 2:07 AM

Or control-left arrow/control-right arrow if you are more of a keyboard person.

In addition you can use Mission Control to reorganize Spaces if necessary to make the two next to each other.

Similar questions

2 replies

Two full-screen windows of the same app; any way to switch between those two windows (similar to the way command-` works in non-full-screen apps) using only the keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.